Sam Claflin has just been officially confirmed as Finnick Odair for the upcoming Hunger Games sequel, Catching Fire.
Although he's been in some major movies, you might not know very much about him. So here's some fun information about the actor...
- He originally wanted to be a professional soccer player....but he broke his ankle twice. He swapped soccer for acting, and has stuck with it since.
- He's pretty new to the Hollywood scene. Sam got his first movie part in 2011 in United, but has starred him some big movies. He played Philip in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. He also played Prince William in Snow White and the Huntsman.
- He's thinking about getting a Pirates-themed tattoo, but hasn't done it yet.
- As a kid, he wanted to be a pirate when he grew up.
- He's 26 years old and English.
Wambie girls, do you think they chose the right actor for Finnick?