A great skin care routine definitely helps keep your skin in tip-top shape, but you might not have thought too hard about what you eat.
A good diet helps your skin look its best. Here are ten foods that help your skin look smooth and clear.
- Avocados. The B-complex vitamins and essential oils are great for soothing irritated or blotchy skin.
- Mangoes. They're chock-full of vitamin A, which helps fight flaky or dry skin.
- Almonds. The vitamin E is great for your complexion! It helps moisturize and protect your skin.
- Cottage cheese. We all know calcium is good for you, but cottage cheese has selenium too, which protects you skin.
- Acerola cherries. These have tons of vitamin C, an antioxidant.
- Oysters. The zinc helps prevent pimples and zits.
- Baked potatoes. They have tons of copper, which helps support your skin and lets it heal faster.
- Mushrooms. These contain riboflavin, which is key for helping your skin repair itself.
- Flaxseed oil. This is a great source of those famous omega 3s, so it's perfect if you don't like fish.
- Wheat germ. No, it's not actually a germ! It has biotin, which can cause scaly skin if you don't get enough of it.
But do you have to eat these to get the benefits? Nope! You can try out an easy face mask too – just mash up an entire avocado with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil. Mix it all together, then apply and relax for 15-20 minutes. Ahh!