The 2012 Do Something Awards just announced their official nominees for this year’s awards.
These awards are to honor celebs who have “done good” over the past year. Here are some of the big stars who are up for the awards:
- Selena Gomez - nominated for not one but two awards for her work with UNICEF.
- Justin Bieber - also got two nominations for his work to raise money to build schools.
- Taylor Swift - nominated for going on a date with a high school senior with leukemia and for helping out tornado victims.
- Emma Stone - nominated for her support for cancer research.
- Josh Hutcherson – for his work with Straight But Not Narrow, to support the LGBT community.
- Liam Hemsworth – he’s the ambassador for the Australian Childhood Foundation, which fights to stop child abuse.
- Katy Perry –she supported the victims of the Joplin tornado
- One Direction – they made a recipe for Dish For a Wish Cookbook, to help seriously ill children have their wishes come true.
- Victoria Justice – she worked on Donate My Dress to help underprivileged girls get prom dresses, and on Girl Up, which empowers young women.
- Miley Cyrus – for promoting and donating to humane animal charities
- Lady Gaga – for her anti-bullying foundation
- The Vampire Diaries (star Ian Somerhalder helped fans start a pro-environment campaign) and Pretty Little Liars (for dealing with teens’ issues with Emily coming out as a lesbian) are up for the Do Something T.V. Show.
The awards show airs on August 21st at 9 p.m. on Vh1. You can click HERE to vote online for your favorite celebs.
Congrats to all the nominees!
Source: 2012 Do Something Awards